Statement of Intent
At Rotherhithe Primary School Early Years Day Care our intent is to offer priority places to teaching and support staff at Rotherhithe Primary School and access to the local community as far as possible.
We aim to ensure that all sections of our community have access to the setting through open, fair and clearly communicated procedures
How we do this
- We operate our admissions policy in conjunction with our Equal opportunity and inclusion policies.
- Some places at the centre are targeted at teaching and support staff at Rotherhithe Primary School and other local schools. The remaining places are targeted at families in the school catchment area.
- We operate a waiting list. To be put on the waiting list Parents / families complete an Application for a Place form.
- When a place becomes available the following policy is adhered to:
- The next appropriate child on the list is offered the place.
Appropriate refers to whether the available place is for under or over 2’s and whether the place and the parents are accepting the place.
- Some places can become priority based on the needs of the child;
- If the child is a looked after child and or is referred by Social Services
- Child has an older sibling already attending the setting.
- Member of staff works at the centre or Rotherhithe Primary School.
- Working paying parents/carer
- A place becomes available to the community, based on when they are added to the waiting list.
We advertise our vacancies through the local authority?